This mainly for Jay, W6CJ.

Don answered your question about the availability of the K-1 4 band module.
That is a shame as it really made the K-1 more versatile. I am really enjoying
mine.

You also asked about the stability of the K-1's VFO. I had not heard of any
issues before buying mine and haven't had any problems. There is a small drift
when first turned on, but stabilizes within a short time (minutes). If you had
a signal within the bandpass, it will not drift outside the bandpass during
warmup. After the rig has been on a few minutes you will not notice any drift.
Of course this is only my experience.

Mike, AC4UR
Using K-1 # 583 (with all mods, updates and a 4 band module)
http://sunbyrdpress.blogspot.com