Some of those connectors can be a bit finicky, wanting to be snugged up a little more than common.

Ask me how I know...  wiggle, snug, wiggle snug.

Rick NHC

On 3/15/2015 4:04 PM, Jack Brindle wrote:
Mike;

It is definitely a cable problem. If the asterisk is not being displayed on
key-down, then the
amplifier is not going to go into transmit. recheck the cables all the way from
the K3 to the KPA
to see what came undone. Find and fix that and the KPA will come back to life.

You might want to ohm out the AUX cable going to the KPA to make sure
everything is OK,
also, look for bent pins. The PTT signal is on pin 10 of the AUX cable, as
described on page 18
of the KPA500 Operating manual.

Let us know what you find!

73,