From: Elecraft [mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Dick
Dickinson
Sent: Thursday, April 2, 2015 1:00 PM
To: 'Elecraft Reflector '
Subject: [Elecraft] Is there a K4 on the horizon? Car radio

For mobile use, I like a head that is mountable on the steering wheel
column.  My current setup allows me to view the display with minimal eye
diversion.  Controls can be accessed through the open upper portion of the
steering wheel.

Dick - KA5KKT

The user interface of VHF mobiles does need to be improved "back to the

1940s" for safety so that basic functions are completely tactile -

without need to look at the radio. My Metrum II was mounted under the

driver's seat and could be fully controlled without taking my eyes off

the road. This would also be popular with blind operators, perhaps as an

accessory for their autonomous vehicle. <grin>

73 Paul N6LL

delivered to ktalb...@gamewood.net