Well, I'm disappointed that I wasn't able to work any of the Polar Bears, either those who are already out on the ice pack (or in the case around here, mud muck due to the rain) or those who are still in their dens. I slept in this morning since I was at "The Camp" visiting several new Polar Bears up there last night. It was GGGGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRReat to meet some new ones! Anyway, I have my home station almost packed up right now. I'll be heading out within the next 1/2 hour and I should be at the operating QTH in about 1/2 hour. Plan to operate from near the Appalachian Trail near where PA-309 crosses, north of Allentown near a small town called New Tripoli, PA. I haven't decided which antenna to use yet but if possible I'll use my dipole if the WX isn't too preclusive for me to put it up (and if my old lines are still in the trees so that it goes quick & easy). Otherwise I have a 33' end fed sloping vertical I may try instead. My operating plans are to hopefully be on the air by about 1800 or 1900Z and should operate until 0000Z this evening. I should be okay to operate on 80 to 17m and plan to do CW only. Since the NAQP is going on I'll try to find frequencies that fairly well avoid it, but I would prefer to stay +/- 5 kHz of the normal QRP calling frequencies, or on 40m around 7.109 in the much unused Novice band. I would like to switch over to 80m (3.560) as soon as it starts getting close to getting dark, which would be around 2200Z around here. I expect I should be on 30m quite a bit as well just to avoid more of the NAQP. I already made one QSO this morning (from in the den) on 30m.

Well, 73 to all and hope to work many of you during the "Hunt" or before if I get the antennas set up in time! GGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! Gggggrrrrrr! ggrrrr (guess which one is QRP)

Mark, NK8Q
Polar Bear #4
K2 4786