Difficult to photograph, Frank, but I have just taken mine apart to see
how it fits together:

In line with the microswitch you'll see a slot. Put the end of the
spring wire into the slot. Then position the long end into the slot in
the plastic handle on the side next to the PCB. Then ease the pivot back
into place. It's a bit fiddly, but I hope that helps.

73 de David G4DMP

In a recent message, Frank Krozel <kg9hfr...@gmail.com> writes
>Folks, I just received an MH3  with my new to me KX3.

>Loaded with everything I am very happy with it!!

>The microphone has an issue that is probably easy to fix.

>Inside.. I found a very thin piece of metal that is the spring for the
>microphone.  Not installed of course.. the mic has no tension.
I am electrical not mechanical… can anyone send me a picture of where
this piece of metal goes??

--
 | David M Pratt, Kippax, Leeds.   |