I am fairly new to Elecraft and the K3 but I do have the K3/0 mini and the
Remoterig twins for K3.  I ordered and installed the WiFi board for the
Remoterig. All works excellent. As long as the WiFi connection is OK, the
K3/0 mini connects to the remote site and operates as if you are there.
Many QSO's using the remote equipment and the other party cannot tell the
difference. I am just using the standard MH2 mike. I do like the WiFi option
as if allows me to establish stored WiFi connects that are remembered when I
return so I simply set up the K3/0 mini and remote rig, turn it on and with
a minute or so, it is ready to operate.

Latency is small and not really noticeable so no issues there.

You can use the K3/0 mini within your network but you may need a different
destination IP than if you are outside the network. I have operated both
ways.

I have not played with the codecs yet. My audio reports are good.

I do have a PC at the remote site and I connect to it with Team Viewer which
allows me to operate and monitor the KAT500 and KPA500 via my laptop. I use
the Elecraft beta control software for this.

Home QTH is Calgary, Alberta. My K3 is British Columbia (VE7). I have
operated from Phoenix, Fort Lauderdale and Calgary on a fairly regular
basis. And, at the K3 site, take the K3/0 mini onto the deck outside and
operate there when the weather is nice.

Just a few comments.

Randy

VE6RMB

---------

I'm in the midst of a terrible urge to spend some $$'s and the K3/0'-Mini's
siren call is hard to resist.  I've done a bit of reading on the Remoterig
products and there is scare info on the K3/0 mini.

I'd love to hear any testimonials, rig setups, real-world latency
commentary, or even how you manage the firmware.

Anyone play with the codecs?  Thoughts on the different audio quality?

My current though is using the K3/0-Mini on the same local network and I do
some occasional work travel, might be nice to take it with me.

Comments encouraged!!!

73 de K8OI