A strange thing just occurred. I have been using my K3 regularly with no problem, usually into an amplifier. Recently, I had an amplifier tube short and I am using the K3 barefoot. I was tuning up on 80 and saw that my Autek WM-1 said that I was only putting out 70 watts into my old 1500 watt dry dummy load (SWR<1.35:1). I checked the power setting and it was adjusted to 100 on the K3 display. I ran through the other bands, and now I am fully confused. Here is what I found, with the K3 display reading 100 watts at all times:

10 meters     95 watts
12                 90
15                 50
17                 95
20                 95
30                 95
40                 70
80                 70
160               100

Does anyone have an explanation or cure?  Could it just be the old Autek?

73,

Jan, KX2A