KX-3 (2517) with Elecraft Mic and all features & modules.
SSB and FM modes on VHF is terrible while HF SSB is clean.

Elecraft cable sets, Firmware loaded for the 2M module and updated again this
morning.

Problem 1: Zero SSB output on my VHF power meter no matter the mic setting but
the RF does travel to a nearby SSB monitor receiver, I can hear my voice with
lots of hash and it is not Mic feedback but hash noise that will trigger an
external amp giving constant output instead of following the voice peaks or no
voice.  Mic gain from 5 - 50, Compression is zero.

Problem 2: There is a lot of hash audio noise in the SSB monitor signal when
there is no speech there is some SSB output strength on the monitor receiver,
ditto for the tune mode.  Mic gain can be varied 2-10 with the noise audible
from the monitor receiver (FT817)  Compression level is zero.

HF SSB has had no complaints.

Thanks for your help, Bill K6ACJ SERIAL 2517

Antenna, SWR bridge, coax and power sources verified by using another all mode
FM/SSB radio (FT-817).

Sent from my iPad