Johnny VR2XMC wrote - I am using an Alinco DM330MVE, very quiet, no RFI
http://www.alinco.com/Products/DM330MVE/

I use the same supply.  Works great - no RFI!73,
Bob/AA6VB
      From: Johnny Siu <vr2...@yahoo.com.hk>
 To: "elecraft@mailman.qth.net" <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
 Sent: Monday, June 15, 2015 10:49 PM
 Subject: [Elecraft] k3 switching supply

I am using an Alinco DM330MVE, very quiet, no RFI
http://www.alinco.com/Products/DM330MVE/
73

       寄件人︰ Jim Brown <j...@audiosystemsgroup.com>
 收件人︰ elecraft@mailman.qth.net
 傳送日期︰ 2015年06月16日 (週二) 1:42 PM
 主題︰ Re: [Elecraft] k3 switching supply

On Mon,6/15/2015 10:22 PM, NE9U - Jasper wrote:
> I was about to order a switching supply for portable/dxpedition use and
> thought the one on elecraft site must be a good one, but i see it is getting
> poor reviews on eham.net for RFI/noise generation issues.

I had one of these that i used for several years until I blew it up (by
mis-treating it).

Note, however, that most of us have varying levels of RF noise in our
environments, and many of us connect equipment together poorly. Whether
or not you hear noise from a particular product will depend on how much
noise is in your environment, how close your antennas are to the noisy
equipment, the frequencies on which you listen, and how you have
interconnected things together.

I probe for RF noise using a Kenwood TH-F6A talkie in close proximity to
the equipment and its wiring. I found the PowerWerx unit RF-quiet, and I
plan to buy a replacement for it.

73, Jim K9YC

Message delivered to bobchor...@yahoo.com