Hi Mike,

Virtually all high-level signal sources (like the synth in a superhet receiver)
have a few birdies, and it's possible you've found one. Typically they are of
the "fast-tuning" variety, indicating they're related to a high-order harmonic
of the VFO frequency.

We painstakingly swept all ham bands using the KSYN3A to make sure that the few
birdies present were all very low in amplitude, so they'd be masked by band
noise. However, it isn't practical to sweep all bands with all filter
bandwidths.

Fortunately we provided a firmware-based tool for just this occasion: the
CONFIG:SIG RMV menu entry. Using this menu entry you can "map out" most
fast-tuning birdies on a per-band, per-mode, per-filter-setting basis.

There are instructions for SIG RMV in the K3 owner's manual. We recently
improved the instructions when we wrote the K3S owner's manual, so you might
want to use those instructions instead.

Let me know if this helps.

73,
Wayne