Hi Steve,

Not to throw cold water on this, but.... the original KSYN3 requires a ton of
firmware support, including a hand-tweaked table of thousands of PLL divider
values pre-calculated and stored in flash memory. We shoehorn the DDS reference
signal through a 3-kHz wide crystal filter in order to ensure no close-in
spurs, then adjust the PLL divider values in real time so there are no gaps in
the tuning range despite a nominal 20-kHz PLL step size. Lots of idiosyncratic
math, and a critical calibration step ("VCO CAL").

So if each of your repurposed KSYN3s comes with a K3 front panel MCU and flash,
no problem :)

73,
Wayne
N6KR