Ross and all:

OK, my error. I thought the caps on the main board were sm 0403 caps. By replacing the KBPF3 with the A version would avoid sm work, or if you do not presently have the KBPF3 then the new KPBF3A will have the necessary changes incorporated. That should make upgrading the K3 easier for many folks who are unfamiliar with sm work.

Trying to do sm for the first time would not be advisable with 0403 sized components. Start out with 1206 or 0805.

73, Ed - KL7UW