When you refer to the KX3 Tuner are you talking about the one in the amp or the rig? If the tuner is in the rig all your tuning, inless in standby on the amp, is the input circuitry of the amp and you will get a good SWR everytime. If the amp is in the PA then check the connectors on the antennas. The Elecraft tuners will tune a lot of marginal antennas but I doubt they will do an open or shorted connector.