Hi Bob,

Thanks again for your quick response, don't know if you're part of the Elecraft team, if yes then congrats for that, excellent products with like everywhere some deficiencies to be corrected. One of these into your XVxxx transverters are the local oscillators which these days are out of scope of the actual technologies, specially due the digital modulations requiring much more stability than a single XTAL (even equipped with a heater). I'm going to replace the Xtal oscillator of my XV144 with a clean 116MHZ PLL synced 10MHZ, place a small smd PAT-2+ or 3+ (2 or 3db depending of my stock) pad behind the mixer LO input as I'm not sure the 50Z adaptation is perfect, and adjust the LO level at its maximum between 17 to 20dbm according the mixer datasheet to increase the IP3 to the max possible with this ADEX-10H mixer. I know these transverters have been designed many years ago for the k2 line, may be now it's time to revamp them a bit with some new technologies to improve their performances at a level of some other competitive products. For me the main advantage of these transverters is the "interfacing/switching management" within the k3 line and the nice packaging within the line but the RF performances are becoming a bit obsolete.

Best 73's
Pierre-Francois, F5BQP