Great approach--simple things can work well. I'd like to suggest an enhancement that would improve it, particularly on the higher bands: feeding it with balanced line (preferably open wire feedline, but ladder line is almost as good, and even TV twinlead isn't bad). The trouble with coax feeding a non-resonant antenna (which results in high SWR on the feedline) is loss in the coax. The loss increases rapidly as you go up in frequency and in SWR, and when you get to 10 meters, usually most of the signal is heating the coax. In contrast, balanced line is nearly lossless, regardless of SWR. Plus, in comparison to balanced line, coax is heavy, expensive, hard to fit connectors on, deteriorates with age, and impossible to splice. If the tuner doesn't have a balanced output, you do need a balun, like the Elecraft current balun, at the tuner.

73
Dick, K0KK