Bob,

Are you saying the K3 TX audio was unsatisfactory? If so, that's the first report of it I've heard (assuming everything is adjusted correctly).

BTW -- re the thread topic: My K2 has always received outstanding audio reports, though nowadays I use my K3. But I never much liked the MH2 mic due to the really strong spring in the PTT :-) I use a Kenwood M43 with my K3 (and it is "newly synthed").

I'm not familiar with the AB5N mods, though I may have done something of the sort on K2 #380.

73, Phil W7OX