I have the old synthesizers (K3 S/N 1428 running version 5.29) and, although I
don't often use QSK, I did check after seeing Bill's comments.  I believe Bill
is right and the QSK response does appear to be "slower".  I normally run cw
between 24 and 32 wpm.  I did set CW QRQ to "on" and it does seem to switch
"faster" but it's hard to quantify.

Are there any other parameters to change for those of us who may not upgrade
synthesizers?

Tnx & 73,
Gerry, W1GD

Bill,

There were some firmware changes made when the new synthesizers were
introduced, and as I recall some of those changes involved QSK
operation.  Initial reports on the new synthesizers from users indicated
that QSK was better.
I have not seen any reports of QSK changes with the old synthesizers,
but you may have "hit on something" - continue with the tests and tell
us your results.

73,
Don W3FPR