If it is wide band, but not "all over the entire band,", it's probably not atmospheric noise, more likely created by humans [i.e. your neighbors]. Especially if it drifts up and down slowly.

Odds generally are that it's correlated with the slowly increasing use of LED and CFL lights ... and possibly increases in "indoor agriculture." The latter can generally be identified by a fairly strict schedule of on and off. I have one near me. :-)

73,

Fred K6DGW
- Northern California Contest Club
- CU in the 50th Running of the Cal QSO Party 3-4 Oct 2015
- www.cqp.org