Hi John,

You'll need a KBPF3A (or a modified KBPF3), which has a filter for this RF
range. You'll also need a KXV3 (any type), because you have to the low-level
transmit signal from the XVTR OUT jack, not from the main antenna jack. (The
main antenna path has a pretty steep high-pass response to protect the PIN
diodes in the T/R switch.)

Assuming you have the above in place:

1. Tune the VFO to the desired frequency (say 472 kHz)

2. Set CONFIG:KXV3B to TEST (this selects the XVTR IN/OUT jacks)

3. Set power output to 1.0 mW with the POWER control

You will of course need an external amplifier of some kind, and depending on
how it is configured, you might also need a T/R path splitter to get the RX
signal to XVTR IN.

73,
Wayne
N6KR