Mark,

In the K2 menu PORT ON is about the only thing that you can do.  Try
Hyperterm as indicated in the KIO2 manual and see what happens - that can
tell a lot about what is going on.

Obvious questions: do you have the computer port parameters set correctly?,
are you using the correct port?  There is not really much that can be
wrong - suspect the hardware last (especially since yo have the same results
with the KIO2 and with the KPA100 interface.

A Master Reset of the K2 is a brutal thing to do - lots of info such as the
CAL PLL and CAL FIL information is lost, so use that only as a last resort.

73,
Don W3FPR