Hi all,

Yesterday's NAQP CW was not the first contest I have run, but during that contest it occurred to me I have come to take the K3's performance in contesting for granted. Sure Elecraft got my money, but I have spent a lot more on things that either fell apart quickly or worked like crap.

The receiver is superb, and I ran a bunch of Qs while squeezed into tight little 300Hz windows between other stations with ease. I worked the 10 hours with zero issues including it's integration to N1MM, and on several occasions I was amazed by how closely I could work to nearby superstation N1LN without any splatter or clicking. I mention this because I know that station runs several K3s as well, and there was ZERO splatter or clicking. Now if all manufacturers could make their transmit spectra as clean, imagine how much more fun contesting would be...

So let me say thank you to all the people at Elecraft for making the K3 such a joy to use, so reliable and such a good value. I'm not a fanboy, just a satisfied owner.

Howie - WA4PSC