Sorry for the bandwidth, but I just had to chime in.

Bought my K3 in 2008.  Was astonished at it's performance.

Bought my IC-7600 in 2010. Boy, what a beauty of a radio that ICOM is. Beauty on the outside; much less stellar on the inside.

I decided I'd keep the ICOM as my backup rig and eventual SO2R "second" radio until something better (or a K4) came along. Most of the past 5 years it has collected dust because the performance is lacking in comparison to the K3. True A/B switching proved that early on. It was relegated to "that beautiful radio for non-hams to see" status.

Then the K3S comes along and I order one at Dayton. I have done and continue to drink the Elecraft cool-aid. No other manufacturer has given the vast majority of the ham community what they want. It's all about performance; It's what's inside that counts.

I have a pristine IC-7600 for sale if anyone is interested.

73,
Dan