I took the plunge and upgraded to Windows 10 on Monday. After the
installation was complete, I could no longer connect to my K3 with the N3FJP
logging program.  The response from Howard at Elecraft support to my email
was very fast. He suggested that my 2009-vintage silver KUSB cable would not
be supported by the new operating system and that they had switched chipsets
in 2010.  I downloaded what I thought was the latest driver from Prolific
but it still didn't work. So I ordered a new KUSB from Elecraft on Tuesday
and it arrived today (Thursday). It is black. I plugged the new cable in and
immediately my PC was connected to the K3 and all is well. So, a silver or
maybe gray KUSB may not work with Windows 10.

My K3 is S/N 919 and I have kept it up to date including the new synthesizer
boards. I ordered the KBPF3 upgrade with the new KUSB and may spring for the
KXV3B to replace my KXV3 and PR6-10 to free up some room behind the
transceiver.

If anyone is planning on staying with Windows 7 and wants an older KUSB, let
me know.

73,

John W2XS

K1 (S/N 2191) 4-band w/KNB1, KAT1, KBT1, back light, and mounting bracket.
KX1 (S/N 015) w/KXPD1, KXAT1, KXB30 (the one QST used for their review).
K2 (S/N 1116) w/KAT2, KSB2, K160RX, KIO2, KBT2, KNB2, KAF2, FDIMP (the one
Sherwood built).
Drake T4-X (S/N 11116 - just a coincidence).
K3/100 (S/N 919) w/KAT3, KBPF3, KUSB(now new), KFL3A-200, -500, -2.7K, -6K,
-FM, KRX3, KXV3, PR6-10.
P3 (S/N 476).
HexKey (S/N 113).
DL1, BL1, BL2, N-gen, XG1, W1, BNC-MM