My experience with Ham insurance is that your Homeowners policy will cover
you for all damages to your equipment provided the incident occurs when
operating from home.  I collected $8,000.00 on a lightning strike several
years ago, all on my homeowners policy and the claim was settled quickly and
painlessly by USAA. I looked at the ARRL insurance policy and rates, and
thought the rates absurd and the coverage no better for someone who does not
operate mobile or portable than Homeowners.  Most Hams should be comfortable
with their Homeowners coverage, and there is no additional charge for ham
equipment. I would not waste money on an expensive ARRL ham insurance
policy; so much for "non-profits" by the way.