I consider myself a casual operator. I get on when I can, avoid the contests,
rag chew a lot, and have fun. I mostly work SSB with my K3 but am working on
code speed. I use WIN4K3 as a control program and panadaptor.

These differences are purely subjective and without measurement. All computer
controls unchanged and K3 controls returned to previous settings.

Before going to the new synth I had a no signal noise floor S meter reading of
4 or 5, occasionally 6
The panadaptor background had scattered 'clutter' noise and I could see very
close adjacent signals but not read them.
The noise floor 'line' on the display was at about -102 db and 4 to 6 db wide
peak to peak

After the mod I had a no signal noise floor S-meter reading of 2 to 3 sometimes
4
The panadaptor background was much clearer, signals more distinct and close
together signals were easier to separate and copy
The noise floor line was at -106 to -108 and the line was thinner by a couple
db.

Just my observations and YMMV

73, PJH, N7PXY