The manual I have in my computer (from March 2014) says on Page 10:

0.

   Positioning the Amplifier

   Provide at least 2 inches (5 cm) clearance
   behind the fan and 1 inch (2.5 cm) above the
   amplifier for normal cooling air flow.

Microsoft Word - KPA500 Owner's man Rev D.doc So if I placed the KAT500 atop the KPA500 I would use some spacers in each corner area. In fact, I purchased such spacers at the time, but ended up with the tuner in a different location.

73, Phil W7OX