Hello,

This note is about Zverev's book "Handbook of Filter Synthesis".

As far as I know, there was only one edition.
If there was a second, then perhaps the errors were corrected.
Maybe there is an errata-sheet available

But, if one is buying the first edition, be aware that the book is full of
mistakes.
Three things that come to mind most notably are:
1. the section on band-reject filters.
2. element values for the Cauer designs did not match up to the gold-standard I
used; it is regrettable that I cannot recall the name of that book (maybe by
Telefunken) because it has been almost twenty years since I used it;
personally, I would not trust any Cauer values from Zverev.
3. toward the end of Zverev, his chapter on network transformations (equivalent
circuits) has issues as well.

I used Zverev from 1970 to 1997 and marked-up in red pencil the mistakes
concerning designs on an "as needed" basis.
Usually the mistakes were encountered while under a pressure deadline to get a
quote out quickly.

Not that it probably matters now-a-days but, if you wanted to make a n=6 or n=8
0.05 degree phase-ripple crystal-filter, Zverev does not have it.

Zverev's style of writing was to take a simple task and write it up as
incredibly complicated as can humanly be done; just my opinion.

73 Jerry KM3K