I just installed a 2nd receiver and the 2M ref lock. The KRX3A installation manual, which uses the new synths shows J4 of the new style main synth connected to REF IN on the 2M transverter.

The ref lock installation manual shows J83 of the old style synth connected to REF IN and REF OUT connected to J2 on the KREF3 board.

Absent advice from someone at Elecraft who knows, I would use J4 with the new synths and the J83 with a jumper to the KREF3 board with the old synths.

73 Bill AE6JV