I bite my tongue on this, but I wanted a matching speaker for my K3-Line back when I first go it. So - to my shop I went. The box was a size match for the P3 with a PHONE plug installed. I used 1/8 and 1/4 plywoods for some of it and 1" pine for the bottom. I installed a Bose speaker found on eBay (very heavy magnet). The box was not filled with any deadening material, as it was constructed of wood. The back was sealed - with a single 1" hole on the rear. Carefully finished (lots of hand sanding, filling, and several coats of black stain and flat varnish) and carefully labeled, the design looked perfect on the desk with the K3-Line. Performance was great - best sounding external speaker I ever used. Didn't cost much either - but, many many hours invested in building it. Kind of makes the new speaker from Elecraft look much better than building one.

Do I use my speaker now? No. I gave it away and now use Behringer MS40 powered speakers. No design match, much bigger and heavier, two stereo inputs, built-in equalizer, and better sounding. Cost is comparable with the new Elecraft speaker. AFX rag chew sounds super on them.

It is all about choices.