When I did Alignment and Test Part II the first time, my BFO low frequency was slightly too high: 4912.85 kHz, which is not <= 4912.7 kHz (the official specification). After having done Assembly Part III and having checked the calibration of the master oscillator using WWV, I know that the calibration of the master oscillator is not the fault.

I carefully calibrated my filters using Tom NĂ˜SS's Spectrogram procedure. According to my filter calibration table, the lowest frequency required of the BFO is 4913.20 kHz, which is still 0.35 kHz higher than my BFO's minimum frequency. Is my slightly-out-of-spec BFO really a problem?

73,
- Rob W7GH