I'm helping out K7BTW with his K1 kit; we've got it assembled and tested to the
point of #7 - Alignment and Test. We have done all of the somewhat static value
checks and tests up to this point.
When we turn the unit on (with no smoke or heating parts), the ATTN yellow
light comes on, then off, then the RIT/XIT light flashes green, then RED (not
really orange, to my eye. Yes, the 100K R9 and R10 around the LM358 op-amp are
installed correctly). Then it goes out, then the ATTN light comes on again
briefly, then it goes out.
We get NOTHING on the LCD Display.
We've run all of the continuity tests on the data lines, etc.

If we power on the rig while holding the DISPLAY -or- the EDIT button, then the
LED sequence is as above, except that the ATTN light stays on while the button
is pressed; releasing the button shows "109" on the LCD (looks like the LCD is
working).
If I knew what the firmware was expecting from the hardware between the light
sequence and the initial LCD display, I could better determine where we are
finding some error. I suspect the CPU is expecting some condition that we
aren't able to satisfy because of an error somewhere that we've not found yet.

Suspecting that perhaps the EEPROM was a little scrambed, I held the EDIT and
DISPLAY buttons down while powering  on - that didn't really do anything, still
no LCD display.
Can anyone suggest any further troubleshooting, or locations to look at?
Thanks!-Brian N9ADG