Unfortunately, not a good idea. Most currently in use computer monitors and
TVs, for example, have CCFL (cold cathode fluorescent light) backlights, thus
the same hazardous materials issue as was mentioned regarding CFLs.

We've gone from lead as a hazardous material in CRT monitors to mercury in LCD
panels. I'm not sure if we're making progress or not :-(

73, Al