I'd like to do some quick and dirty comparing of antenna output signals
using my K3 (and/or P3).

(I've got two antennas I'd like to compare using different received carrier
signals - e.g., from a neighbor's TX, W1AW RTTY bulletins, etc.)

I see that the K3 can display the RMS value of receiver AF output (mVp-p),
unaffected by AF GAIN control.  And after that stabilizes, I can also get
dbV to display.  (How long is the stabilization period?  Does the display
sample and hold a single value, or is it averaged and continuously updated?
It seems like the former.)

Is this the way to go, or is there something I can do with the P3 that will
give a readout in dBm?  (I guess I could make a rough graphical measurement
by setting the P3 display threshold to match the weaker signal, then
switching to the stronger signal, and seeing how far above that threshold it
rises - with Scaling maximized.)

I know there's also W8WWW's S-Meter Lite, with which I've also dabbled -
presenting a digital S-meter, or relative dB, output.  (Or I could do a step
attenuator approach, but then I couldn't compare by simply flicking the
antenna switch, and QSB would be a problem.)

Thoughts?

Tnx,

/Bill, K2PO

Portland, OR