As the Elecraft products have expanded and diversified, so have the KE7X books.
 Here is what is now available for the KX-Line.  See
www.ke7x.com<http://www.ke7x.com> for lots more information.

1.  “The Elecraft KX-Line, The Complete Station, The KX3, KXPA100, PX3 and
KX3-2M/4M”
This is the second edition of the 8.5”x11” coil-bound version that adds
coverage of the KXPA100 amplifier and antenna tuner, the PX3 panadapter, and
the KX3-2M/4M VHF transverter.  All information is updated to KX3 firmware
2.34, PX3 firmware 1.25, and KPA100 firmware 1.35.  This book is available as a
spiral bound, printed copy from www.elecraft.com<http://www.elecraft.com> (part
number E740241).  It is available in pdf form from
www.ke7x.com<http://www.ke7x.com> and www.lulu.com<http://www.lulu.com>.  For
more information and to view the table of contents, see
www.ke7x.com<http://www.ke7x.com>.

2.   “The Portable Elecraft KX3, Second Edition, Going for the Summit with the
KX3 and KX3-2M/4M”
This updated Second Edition of the 6”x9” portable version includes the
KX3-2M/4M VHF Transverter.  This edition supports the traveler/backpacker and
fits into a Rose’s Covers KX3 case for travelling.  All information is updated
to KX3 firmware 2.34.  This book is available as a spiral bound, printed copy
from www.elecraft.com<http://www.elecraft.com> (part number E740242). For more
information and to view the table of contents, see
www.ke7x.com<http://www.ke7x.com>.

 3.  “The Elecraft KXPA100, PX3 and 2M/4M Transverter – Assembling the KX3-Line
Station”
This covers the KXPA100 amplifier and tuner, the PX3 panadapter, and the 2M/4M
transverter. It is aimed at those who purchase “The Portable Elecraft KX3” for
backpacking and travelling and who have the amplifier and panadapter at home.
For a description and table of contents, see www.ke7x.com<http://www.ke7x.com>.
   This book is available as a spiral bound, printed copy only at
www.lulu.com<http://www.lulu.com> (search for Elecraft).  It is available in
pdf form from www.ke7x.com<http://www.ke7x.com> and
www.lulu.com<http://www.lulu.com>.

(Note that the combination of “The Portable Elecraft KX3” plus “The Elecraft
KXPA100, PX3 and 2M/4M” is equivalent to “The Elecraft KX-Line.”)

4.  PDF electronic versions are available for “The Elecraft KX-Line” and “The
Elecraft KXPA100, PX3 and 2M/4M Transverter.  The PDF versions have all the
material the printed versions have but do not have the comprehensive index
because electronic readers can use their search function easier than looking
things up in an index.  Purchasers of the electronic version may make a backup
and hard copy for themselves.

Which books should I buy?
“I travel a lot with my KX3 and use it with the KX-Line components when I am at
home.”  Consider “The Elecraft KX-Line” for use at home and the PDF version for
on-the-road.  Or if you would like a printed manual on-the-road, consider “The
Portable Elecraft KX3” plus “The Elecraft KXPA100, PX3 and 2M/4M Transverter”
for use at home.
“I don’t do any travelling and just have a QRP KX3 station at home.”   Your
best bet is “The Elecraft KX-Line” book in case you ever want to upgrade to any
of the KX-Line components (especially the PX3).
“I have a full KX-Line station in my motorhome.”  Choose “The Elecraft KX-Line”
in printed or PDF form.
“I have the first edition of “The Elecraft KX3 – Going for the Summit.  What is
the best way for me to update my information.”  “The Elecraft KXPA100, PX3 and
2M/4M” is designed to do just that.  The other changes from the first edition
that the new books cover are, for the most part, minor editing and
documentation of firmware changes.

Where can I purchase these book?
“The Elecraft KX-Line, The Complete Station”:  Printed copy:
www.elecraft.com<http://www.elecraft.com> PN E740242, PDF:
www.ke7x.com<http://www.ke7x.com> or www.lulu.com<http://www.lulu.com>
“The Portable Elecraft KX3, Second Edition”:  Printed copy:
www.elecraft.com<http://www.elecraft.com> PN E740242
“The Elecraft KXPA100, PX3 and 2M/4M Transverter”:  Printed copy:
www.lulu.com<http://www.lulu.com>, PDF: www.ke7x.com<http://www.ke7x.com> or
www.lulu.com<http://www.lulu.com>

Many thanks to all of you who currently have a KE7X book.

73,
Fred KE7X

<http://www.lulu.com>