Unfortunately, the other part of my compromised situation is the shack
location, which is at the other end of the apartment from the balcony. So I’m
going to need 100 feet of coax to get to the radio. (Wife does not approve of
radios in the living room!) That’s why I want to try to get the feedpoint
impedance as close to correct as possible.

On the other hand, I’m on the 7th floor, with a reasonably clear view of the
Atlantic ocean looking to the south. New Bedford, Massachusetts.  :-)

Doug.