Wayne - Tnx for explanation. Further question. VFO IND = YES allows VFO B to be
on a different band. This is most useful with the sub receiver.

So if I have VFO IND set to YES, does this preclude using the SCAN feature?
73 Paul
      From: Wayne Burdick <n...@elecraft.com>
 To: paul ecker <ecke...@yahoo.com>
Cc: "elecraft@mailman.qth.net" <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
 Sent: Thursday, October 1, 2015 12:08 PM
 Subject: Re: [Elecraft] VFO B is tracking VFO A

paul ecker <ecke...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> A related question: What is difference between VFO IND  and VFO LNK ?

VFO IND = NO (default) keeps VFO A and B on the same band at all times.

VFO IND = YES allows VFO B to be on a different band. This is most useful with
the sub receiver.

VFO LNK just slaves VFO B to VFO A. As you rotate A, B moves along with it. VFO
B can be moved off of VFO A's frequency, in which case moving VFO A will
preserve some offset between the two. In practice this is not used very often,
which is why VFO LNK was moved to a menu entry. This allowed us to use a
regular HOLD of the SUB switch to get into diversity mode.

NOTE: Speaking of which, VFO LNK is *not* needed for diversity receive mode. In
diversity, VFO A automatically controls both the main and sub receiver
frequencies. VFO B can be used as a holding register for another part of the
band, or for use as the TX frequency during SPLIT.

73,
Wayne
N6KR