On Thu,10/1/2015 8:11 AM, ae...@carolinaheli.com wrote::
Part of my confusion is based on this being a commercial solution that
didn't have a problem until recently.

Buying "a commercial solution" seems to mean that you're assuming that whoever is selling a product really understands how antennas work and the shortcomings of the product they're selling, so you don't have to understand it. Part of being a ham is taking the time to actually learn how stuff works. I suggest that you study the links I posted yesterday. They are both tutorial and practical.

Just
have the trim and staining to finish for that. I'm also planning to run a
dedicated power cable with heavier gauge wire to get a better ground at my
station. Based on the TON of responses I've gotten I'll be running a heavy
gauge THNN or similar from outside my station (where I'll add a ground rod)
up to an antenna switch for grounding and bonding all of it together with
the main ground on the other side of the house. I'm not sure how I'll NOT
end up with a ground loop in this configuration.

While a dedicated power line to your station is a good thing, there's too much foggy thinking and false logic in what some have been telling you to do. The earth is NOT a sump into which RFI is poured. Yes, you should run a bonding cable from your station to a ground rod, BUT that rod MUST be bonded to all other grounds for safety. What these two measures can do for you is CONTROL where common mode current flows -- it will flow on that new ground wire and that new dedicated power line -- but that RF current will still RADIATE, and can be picked up by any other wires in your home, like those in your home entertainment system.

Caps added for emphasis. :)

73, Jim K9YC