I try to send at around 18 wpm because I am reasonably confident copying
at that speed.  I am finding that many who are sending CW do not slow
down, but that's another story.

I use the decode on my KX3 to help my lack of perfect copying, trying to
copy myself and using that to not annoy the other party.  I also use it
tuning around to try to make sure I have the call/QTH right of a station
working several people right, before putting out my call.  I do this
especially when the other station is sending way too fast and doesn't
slow down.

It would be nice to have a display of the speed of the decoded CW.
Unfortunately on the KX3 the display has no extra space, so it's
non-obvious where to put this.  But if it could appear on the serial
stream, that would help.  Perhaps as a "[22wpm] " at some point after
the decoder has locked on.  I'm assuming that that the decode software
has already estimated the speed as part of creating a matched filter.  I
actually wouldn't mind having the MHz digits replaced by the rx wpm
(perhaps as a menu option to ask for this).  Once I'm on a band, I don't
really need the Mhz digits.

It would be further spiffy if there were a way to set TX speed to the RX
speed.  It would be a contribution to society if this were
semi-automatic and many people did it....

73 de n1dam