Hi all,

We're looking for a few testers for the latest K3/K3S field-test firmware. This
rev fulfills a long-standing request to properly handle carriage-return (CR)
and line-feed (LF) characters in our built-in data modes, FSK-D and PSK-D. CR
and LF characters are used for screen formatting, automatic spotting sequences,
etc.

FSK-D and PSK-D modes use the radio's DSP for encode/decode, with text input
provided via an attached CW keyer paddle, a keyboard connected to a P3, or from
any computer application that can send remote control commands to the radio.
One of these applications is K3 Utility. It includes a Terminal screen that
works in RTTY/PSK31/CW modes. (We have a bit more work to do in K3 Utility to
handle CR & LF characters in transmit mode, as I'll explain in my instructions
for using the new firmware.)

This release also fixes a recently discovered PTT bug. Unexpected ERR PTT and
ERR KEY messages were being displayed if the operator activated PTT, then
tapped A/B, etc.

If you have time to test these improvements in the short term -- preferably
this weekend, so we can go to beta next week -- please contact me directly.

73,
Wayne
N6KR