      From: Eric Ross <kb...@evross.com>
 To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
 Sent: Thursday, October 8, 2015 2:35 PM
 Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Unplugging the radio to protect it

On my computer equipment, including routers/switches, I have become a
very strong advocate of putting a full UPS between the wall and the
device.  When I say full UPS I mean one that is always sourcing the
device from the battery and not directly being fed from the primary
source.  The drawback of this is that they use a step-wise approximation
of AC on the output.  I haven't tried it directly with my K3 to see
what noise gets through, but my computer, which is right next to it  is
not emitting anything worth noting.  This way both power and network are
relatively protected coming into my computers.  I don't have any phone
lines connected to the computers either.  All my voice via the computer
is through the network.  The only route into the K3 is then the primary
power supply and the antenna.  I have also plan to put a battery between
the power supply and the radio just for backup power needs as well which
will then narrow it down to the antenna as the primary energy source.

Eric
kb7td

--
Eric