From: "Arthur Delibert" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Friday, February 03, 2006 10:26 PM
Subject: [Elecraft] Modifying Wattmeter Slugs for QRP

| I have a Bird wattmeter that I'd like to use with QRP rigs.  As best I can
tell, though, Bird did
not make slugs smaller than 50 watts for the 2-30 MHz range.

| There is a website that discusses how to open a Bird slug and modify it for a
different power
level and/or frequency range.
[http://www.hayseed.net/~jpk5lad/BIRD%20Slugs/birdslug1.htm]

| I'm wondering if anyone has tried to modify, say, a 2-30MHz/50-watt slug for
10 watts and if so,
any experience to share?  What was the right resistor value?  How was the
linearity of the meter
with the modified slug?