Well my take.....ANYTHING between the power source and radio has resistance, regardless of how small. Resistance with any amount of current equals voltage drop. Thus E = IR Where E is the voltage drop, I is the current and R is the resistance.

I'm not sure what some of those thing are nor why they are needed but I do know least is best. As to operating from batteries, floating AGM batteries at 13.8 should not produce any voltage drop other than the resistance of the power cable. Of course a fuse or switch in line does have R so there goes the regulation as current changes. Nothing is better than a good regulated supply and hopefully one with remote voltage sensing. Of course those are more expensive and more of a challenge to install and then have operate correctly in the presence of a RF field.

73
Bob, K4TAX
K3S s.n. 10163