+ AGC parameters?
On 10/27/2015 20:28 PM, Wayne Burdick wrote:
We've made several changes to improve audio over years, and a K3S incorporates
all of them:

- K3:  improved 12VDC decoupling to the AF amp
- K3:  added a dual low-noise LPF to eliminate residual sampling noise (mostly
at 12 kHz)
- K3:  corrected DSP AGC algorithms, which were non-monotonic at some signal
levels
- K3S: redesigned AF output and driver stages for lower IMD

Taken together, these changes provide a low-distortion, essentially flat audio
passband. Most other modern transceivers use the same (or similar) class-AB
final AF amp devices that we use in the K3/K3S, so how it sounds comes down to
how RX EQ is set up, as well as the LO-CUT/HI-CUT (or shift/width) settings.

73,
Wayne
N6KR

On Oct 27, 2015, at 1:10 PM, Vic Rosenthal 4X6GP/K2VCO <k2vco....@gmail.com>