When I first got my K3, I was very disappointed by the receive audio. Hissy etc. I think everyone knows what I am talking about. It was not my friend for a very long time.

It took me months of experimenting with the various menu settings and speaker selections, but I eventually turned the K3 into the best arm chair copy receiver I have ever had.

Most likely, my settings would not be very good for contesting or DXing - but, they suit my needs. Make your own settings to please you. Be sure to keep notes - the K3 is complicated and it very easy to get lost in a never ending maize of menus.

There-in lies why the K3 is such a great rig. The menus allow it to be be adjusted to suit the needs of nearly everyone.

Bill W2BLC K-Line