Don is absolutely correct.

As many may know, I do assist hams with issues associated with many different products here and elsewhere. The biggest issue I encounter is the ham that says " well somebody told me to.... blah blah blah blah ......and it would work best". In many cases, nothing could be further from the truth. I find today that many hams are more prone to have and use old school thinking and methods trying to be used with today's radios. I find this applies to many facets of ham radio equipment as being used today.

As I've told many, if you expect the radio to operate like a Kenwood, ICOM or Yaesu, it darn well better say Kenwood, ICOM or Yaesu on the front panel. Otherwise stated, learn to use the Elecraft radio correctly in order to attain optimum performance, for indeed they do not operate like the others.

73
Bob, K4TAX
K3S s/n 10163