It is amazing how many times I've found this to exist and how many times that I've written about this on various reflectors. The power coat paint on the chassis makes for an excellent insulator.

If you have an Astron power supply and you have not checked to see that third pin ground is electrically connected to the chassis, or you have not checked to see that he outer shell is connected to the bottom shell, both being insulated by paint..........shame on you.

This applies to all Aston supplies, both linear and switching. Remove the cover, remove the ground terminal where the green wire is attached, scrape away the paint, place an internal tooth lock washer between the terminal and chassis and reinstall the screw and nut. As to the shell, using 100# sandpaper, sand away the paint on the inside for an area about the size of a dime on both pieces, being the shell and pan, where the screws attach same.

73
Bob, K4TAX