There's several ways the wiring in the mike base can be done. There's two switches associated with the grip-to-talk bar on the T-UG8 base. I suggest, if not on the inside of mike base, you GOOGLE Astatic D-104 and get a schematic. You will need to use the amp in the base in as much as the K2 mike input Z is much too low for the mike element. Thus the amp serves as an emitter follower with gain to provide a proper Z for the mike element and drive the lower Z provided by the K2 mike input. {The D-104 element likes to see 3.0 megohms to 4.7 megohms input Z.}

The mike cable will have two conductors which will be the PTT circuit and a shielded conductor for the audio.

Schematics will be of great help in figuring out what needs to be done in terms of wires connected to the terminal strip in the base of the mike.

73
Bob, K4TAX