Dave :

Thanks for asking this question.  As a K2 owner with the KAF2 installed, I have
also often wondered what I am missing out on
by not having the KDSP2 installed instead.  From the responses to your
question, the consensus seems to be that it is well worth the upgrade
if you primarily operate SSB but maybe not so much if you are primarily a CW
operator.  I personally really like the KAF2 for CW.

On a related note, it occurred to me that the K2 has been in production for
almost 20 years !  Wow !   I think that this is a testament
to the incredible job that Wayne and Eric did in designing the rig, then
working at over the years to continuously improve it.  What other Amateur radio
can you think of that is still in production after 17 years ?  It was an
awesome rig in 1998 and it is still an amazing performer for its price today.

Cheers

Michael VE3WMB