K3 #250 is connected to control RRC 1258 MkII.  I have only been using
this setup for 4 days.  With Win8.1 I find that when I start N1MM+ and
the control box, the N1MM does not 'see' the virtual com ports even
though the device manager does. I found that pullling out the USB plug
from the front of the control RRC seems to 'reset' the com ports and
then all is well.

This morning when I pulled the USB plug out, the K3 shut down until I
plugged the USB back in....then notice that K3 showed 'low battery'.

Went to the K3 manual and there is nothing about a battery in the Index.
Nabbled K3 battery and yes, there is a battery.  One thread did mention
a CR2032.  Is this correct? and where is the battery located? necessary
to remove subRX ?

Now why would pulling out the front panel USB plug from the control RRC
shut down the K3? It has it's separate power supply a SS-30M?

Thanks for tips and suggestions.

73 Tom HP1/CX7TT