To: <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Thursday, February 09, 2006 11:18 AM
Subject: [Elecraft] K2 connectors

A couple of points from the K2 manual are unclear to me.

The Documentation mentions that if you use an external keyer, you still need to use a stereo plug, with the keyed line going to the tip of the plug and the center ring going unused. I was wondering if a coupling the keyer line to the K2 key jack via a mono-to-stereo adapter like the Radio Shack 274-0374 (which presumably shorts the tip and center ring) will work. Also, what size of stereo plug is required?

Also, for the front panel audio headphone output, what kind and size of plug is required? I'm using a Sennheiser PX 100 stereo headset. If I just plug it directly into the K2 front panel phone jack will it work?

73,

Steve
AA4AK